Tuesday, May 7, 2024

MyView Learning Letter #2-Culture of Learning

 

Culture of Learning! 

As a lifelong lover of learning, I am ecstatic and honestly, really nerding out, about how much I get to learn about our new curriculum. I also realize we are all not on a quest to learn new things. However, with the new journey we are about to embark on, we are ALL going to be learning about how the science of reading is embedded into our new curriculum, Savvas MyView. (The curriculum could also be referred to as HQIM or high-quality instructional materials.) 

Here is my goal for us all during this time of learning -

The teachers will feel trusted as professionals to utilize the HQIM the way it was designed and intended. They will fail, learn, and grow throughout the learning year. Teachers will have time and space to grapple with the curriculum and feel they have permission to make mistakes while they are learning.

And my first step in helping you is....the MyView Learning Literacy Letter. In the MyView Learning Literacy Letter, I will share helpful nuggets of information to help us learn more about next year. I am going to try to publish them as often as possible but only send the link once a week via district email. Let me know what you want to learn by sending me a message in the contact form on the right of this post. 

Remember, no matter how much you like learning or not, change is hardTrust the process. Focus on what you can control

Yours in learning, Haley








No comments:

Post a Comment